Dia de Los Muertos Altar - All Souls Day

I have finished my altar in celebration of Dia de los Muertos. Although I had special ordered marigolds for my altar, I walked into Fresh and Easy this morning to find that they were selling bouquets of marigolds for $4! Sheesh.

As I had mentioned in my last Dia de los Muertos-related post, I had gone to a swap meet and happily found sugar skulls and papel picado.

This All Souls Day I am honoring my sister, my grandparents, and my husbands grandparents and his aunt and uncle. Here is the end result for my home altar.





Oh hey, who is that brave little soul going exploring?
Since yesterday was All Saints Day and a Holy Day of Obligation, today was the homeschoolers All Saints Day party.

Here is Violet as St. Clare of Assisi as she wards off invaders at the city gates with nothing but prayer, the Blessed Sacrament, and faith in Jesus! I made it out of one of my dresses, one of Phillip's t-shirts and a piece of black cloth. The monstrance is just foam core, a paper towel roll and yellow paint with a paper plate as the base.
Here is Ivy as St. Cecilia, patron saint of music. The dress is just a play dress I made her a couple years ago, with a harp made of foam core, yellow paint and white yarn for the strings. She was martyred by beheading. They tried to suffocate her but nothing happened, then they tried to chop off her head three times and she still hung on. She greatly encouraged the Christians who came to visit her in this state by her incredible witness to love Jesus Christ.
 This was our first year going to a Saints Day party and it was a lot of fun. I am already starting to think of costumes for next year! There was a Mass said and so many beautiful little children dressed as saints. It really warms my heart to see the next generation of faithful gathered together in the name of Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party