Story Time Fabulosity

I just found out the Barnes & Noble on Stephanie has a free story time and craft at 11am every Tuesday. Did anyone else know about this? It's indoors. It's free. It's all kinds of awesome.

Unlike other crafts that you have to pay for (such as the ridiculous Patticakes craft), this was worlds better!

When I got there they had this little set up, with the books laid out that they were going to read:


They started out with singing 3 songs, accompanied by a cd player. All the kids got up and danced around and sang with the story time leader. Apparently many kids come every week because they knew the words to all the songs, and the moms knew the story time leader.




And after the singing and dancing came story time about airplanes. And after that was the craft, which was simple but fun. They made paper airplanes out of construction paper and then used crayons to decorate them.

There were seriously like 20 kids there. This picture doesn't even show all of them. I would say the story is age appropriate up until about age 7 or 8, and then it probably gets a little boring. Small kids seemed to like it the best. Its perfect for the 3-5 range.


I sort of lost track of the time, but I think it must have lasted about 45 minutes. Of course they have the books for sale afterward, but there is no pushiness involved, its just like they are informing you of what is there. I give Barnes & Noble weekly story time, dancing and craft:


Check your local Barnes & Noble to see when their story times are. I am thinking about taking the girls every week, at least until Vegas calms down with this summer heat gimmick it has going on.

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do you belong to Mommy and Me West? I am on the board and it is a great organization with lots of activities. I am now following you and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desirae, I am not part of Mommy and Me West...we are on the east side of town! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's up??

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party