Late Nights & Early Mornings: It's Only Ok When It's By Choice

I went to sleep late last night because I felt the need to watch Scrubs episodes on hulu.com, and snack on a late night PB&J. The quietness of the house after everyone is asleep is my haven. This is when I can just veg out and finally RELAX. No tugging on my arm, no "mom! mom! look at me!", not even a husband to chat with. Just me and whatever I want to do.

Mostly I want to recoup my sanity and remember that I am a person. Not just a boogie-wiper. Not just the hand that feeds them. Not just a play mate who re-enacts Disney movies over and over.

So heck yeah, I will watch adult-appropriate content on Scrubs! I will eat late at night if I want to. The No More Food After Dinner, and If I Do Give in to Your Baby Bird "Cheep! Cheeps!" Then You Can Just Have Some Fruit Rule does not apply to me! And oh yes, I will pee with the door shut in total, utter and complete silence!!!

It was good. Oh, so good. A girl could get used to this. Of course, I am paying for it this morning though because I had an atrocious back ache due to a certain baby who woke up at 6am wanting to cuddle with me, and so could not sleep in. Oh well! It was worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

My Big Break